Wednesday, April 6

Quotes

I recently came across this list of quotes in my organizing/purging/packing for Brazil. Thought I'd share them with you...

"Expect great things from God, attempt great things for God." - William Carey

"I have but one passion and it is He." - Count Ludwig von Zinzindorf

"If I had a thousand lives I would give them all to China." - Hudson Taylor

"If Jesus Christ be God and died for me, then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for him." - CT Studd

"I am willing to go anywhere, at any time, to do anything for Jesus. Oh God, where water once flowed, let it flow again." - Luther Wishard

"How many there are...who imagine that because Jesus paid it all, they need pay nothing, forgetting
that the prime object of their salvation was that they should follow in the footsteps of Jesus Christ in bringing back a lost world to God." - Lottie Moon

"There are many of us that are willing to do great things for the Lord, but few of us are willing to do little things." - D. L. Moody

"You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving." - Amy Carmichael

"Lord, the task is impossible for me but not for thee. Lead the way and I'll follow." - Mary Slessor

No comments: