Wednesday, March 30

Visa Application

This week I went to Chicago to apply for my visa at the Brazilian Consulate. The application process went very smoothly and now I wait. The consulate will send my application to Brazil and I will get a call when my visa is ready to be picked up.

There was some confusion regarding my trip to Chicago. Some people thought I would be getting my visa while I was there. And others thought that if I didn't get this missionary visa that I wouldn't be able to go to Brazil. Neither is true.  :-)

I went to Chicago to apply for my visa...much like you would turn in an application for a job or a credit card. Now it goes to the "powers that be" and I wait until they grant me a visa. It's true that I did apply for a missionary visa - and this is the type of visa I am praying to be granted. However, I've been told that if the Brazilian government doesn't think my documents meet the "missionary visa" guidelines, I will be issued a work visa. Both would allow me to go to Brazil but a missionary visa will eventually allow me to apply for a permanent visa. From what I understand a work visa will not.

And so I wait...and pray...and trust. 

No comments: