Monday, March 17

March 2014 Prayer Update


Dear Friends, 

I wanted to send out a quick update so you can know what's been happening in my life and so that you can pray. First let me interject...

Thank you so much for praying for me!

I don't take that for granted and I am grateful for your partnership in prayer.

Recently I spent a week at Pioneers to debrief my first couple years in Brazil and what a refreshing week that was! I was able to reconnect with some friends that I never get to see as well as begin new friendships. I left very grateful for the wisdom, partnership and counsel of my mission agency. And very grateful for all the ways God's been good to me over these past 2+ years. This song played in my mind all week long. If God does nothing more for me in my lifetime, I can still say that He's been so good to me. 

One topic that really stuck with me from that week is the discipline of (or for me, the lack of...) "Practicing the Presence of God." In other words, allowing myself to just be still before Him. "So often we try to hear from God on the run," the speaker said. He encouraged us to "begin with 5 minutes of silent prayer - becoming aware by faith of God's indwelling Presence and humbly asking the Holy Spirit to speak to your heart through scripture, personal reflection and the insights of others." I began to develop this discipline as they built time in our schedule for us to "practice His Presence." I can say at first it wasn't easy...and it's still not easy some days...but I find that when I am "still" in this way before Him, I just want to linger in His Presence. And I think that's His desire, too. 

Psalm 62:5..."Let all that I am wait quietly
before God, for my hope is in him. "

Here are some ways you can pray for me: 

1. This Sunday, March 16, I will be sharing about Brazil and singing at my old church here in Iowa. Pray that God would allow me to make meaningful connections at this church and that I could be an encouragement to them.  

2. In the middle of April I will be traveling to the West Coast to visit with supporters and friends and to also hopefully connect with some new people about my ministry in Brazil. Pray for me as I continue to finalize my travel plans and pray that my time there would be fruitful.

3. Lastly, my departure date of June 4 is rapidly approaching...please pray that God would bring in all my needed support by the end of May. Currently I'm short $757/month. Would you pray with me for new monthly financial supporters? Or if you currently support me financially, would you prayerfully consider increasing your support? Here's a manageable breakdown: if 15 people would commit to supporting me at $50/month, or 7 people would commit to supporting me at $100/month, this would be over! God can do this! 

If you'd like to learn more about becoming a part of my financial support team please let me know via email at amymiller12@gmail.com.  

As always, I'd love to be able to pray for you. Would you jot me a note telling me how I can do that? 

Thanks so much!

Amy

No comments: