Thursday, April 26

Doce Nome (Sweet Name)

Many of you know that today was the funeral of my friend, Sidi's, mom. Again, thanks to those of you prayed and those wrote to say you were (and are) lifting them up. God's peace and His strength showed through them today. Sidi sang this song at her mom's funeral and it's been playing in my head ever since. I just have to share it with you. I know it's in Portuguese but I've put the translated it for you...

"Doce Nome" ("Sweet Name")

Só de ouvir tua voz, (Just hearing your voice)
de sentir teu amor (Feeling your love)
só de pronunciar o Teu nome (Just pronouncing your name)
os meus medos se vão, (My fears are gone)
minha dor, meu sofrer, (My pain, my suffering)
pois de paz Tu inundas meu ser (Because your peace floods my being)

JESUS! Que doce nome! (JESUS! What a sweet name!)
que transforma em alegria o meu triste coração.. (That transforms my sad heart into joy)
JESUS! Só o teu nome é capaz de dar ao homem salvação! (JESUS! Only your name has the ability to give men salvation!)

No comments: