Wednesday, December 8

Tis the Season...

During December, several people from my church are writing posts entitled, "Tis the Season..." I thought I'd share my contribution......

Tis the season...to give.

Christmas seems to brings about the "giver" in people more than any other time of year. It's when we open our eyes to the need of those around us whether it's through our local schools, the Angel Tree at our church, Operation Christmas Child, or a local homeless or battered women's shelter. And this year, more than ever, it's made me think,"Why do I only notice these needs once a year?" I certainly know people have needs all throughout the year. This year I have been challenged to live like I'm poor but give like I'm rich. What about you? How is your "giving" all throughout the year? I pray we all remember, "You'll not likely go wrong here if you keep remembering that our Master said, 'You're far happier giving then getting." (Acts 20:35 MSG) Let's see if we can "out happy" each other this Christmas! And make this spirit of giving, that comes so easy at Christmas, a part of our lives all throughout the year.

No comments: